Dumaguete or Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should mention this to be fair. I was back in Dumaguete at the end of October. Apparently the new mayor in the area has opened up more fishing rights off Apo Island to appease some interested parties. Quite a few people in the dive resorts were concerned about what this might mean.

When I was there, Apo was just as amazing as before.

that really sucks.

Thanks so much to everyone. I'm thinking PG because I've never been there, plus I've heard that the diving is much closer to the resort, giving you a little more extra time between dives and the shore diving is supposed to be really good for the macro subjects as well.

Thanks so much to everyone. I'm thinking PG because I've never been there, plus I've heard that the diving is much closer to the resort, giving you a little more extra time between dives and the shore diving is supposed to be really good for the macro subjects as well.
Great choice, don't forget to do a night dive below the floating bar in Sabang Bay....

Very true about PG, the diving is close. We started doing 4 dives a day, then cut back to 3 with a longer lunch break, you'll love PG, heck 60 cents for a 5th of rum, who wouldn't :wink:

Very true about PG, the diving is close. We started doing 4 dives a day, then cut back to 3 with a longer lunch break, you'll love PG, heck 60 cents for a 5th of rum, who wouldn't :wink:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

i knew it. that DOES count.

it was very funny, at the bar, a rum and coke 45 cents, a straight coke 75 cents :D

PPD'ers should have a special member card.....hmmmmm....with all of the referrals and members diving the PI it could make for big savings and gaurantee more business.....this has potential. I am thinking of DIVE CLUB CARD that gets users discounts....thoughts?

Well I can’t fault your choice since I think the diving is great in PG also. And truth be told, I am heading to PG myself for this special long weekend. I chose PG because my girlfriend and I did our first “real” dive together there (after my certification was complete).

I’m taking another first plunge with her this weekend, at least I hope so. The plan is to do our last dive on Saturday and hit the surface at around dusk. Then I will propose to her while we are on the surface. I’ve got this tin box I’ve been rusting in water hidden in our flat. I will pull it out with the ring inside in a “look what I found” kind of way. I hope the surprise goes over well. I’m getting nervous with time ticking away.

Wish me luck!

If she says yes, K-Girl, I might have to change my assessment and make PG my favorite :)

Cheers!

Well I can’t fault your choice since I think the diving is great in PG also. And truth be told, I am heading to PG myself for this special long weekend. I chose PG because my girlfriend and I did our first “real” dive together there (after my certification was complete).

I’m taking another first plunge with her this weekend, at least I hope so. The plan is to do our last dive on Saturday and hit the surface at around dusk. Then I will propose to her while we are on the surface. I’ve got this tin box I’ve been rusting in water hidden in our flat. I will pull it out with the ring inside in a “look what I found” kind of way. I hope the surprise goes over well. I’m getting nervous with time ticking away.

Wish me luck!

If she says yes, K-Girl, I might have to change my assessment and make PG my favorite :)

Cheers!
tell the boat men to delay your pickup and to wait for your signal....:D goodluck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom