DUI Zipseals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
The blue glove material is the thickest. The stuff is very very tough.

The gloves themselves can be bought at http://www.seamar.com/atlas/index.html - the 490 and 495 are what you typically see as drygloves. The orange ones are a little thinner I believe. I use the 490 since I don't need to wear the separate yellow glove with them. They're only $14.26 for a replacement pair.

I use them with the Diving Concepts ring system. I keep the wrist seals intact so water intrusion into the drysuit is minimal or nonexistant in the event of a glove failure.

OK
I've seen the DC system recenty, it is nice. But that system won't adapt to another manufacterer's wrist seals, will it (like DUI)?

JAG

The system is generic - it will attach to any latex wrist seal.

Wrist seals are not manufacturer specific.

jagfish:
I'd heard that the blue glove material is thin. The fear is that if you punctured the glove, water would have direct access to the interior of your suit. How is the durability of the glove in your opinion? The cost is also way out of hand. What did you manage to get them on Ebay for?

JAG

The material isn't that thin, really. If you puncture the glove, it will leak. The DC systems give you that redundancy of the seal AND the glove.

They type of diving I do - no deco, no penetration, single tanke recreational weenie diving, the blue gloves will be fine.

I cut the fingers off my wet gloves (Index & Thumb) and if I'm not tearing up my fingertips diving those, I'm confident I won't puncture the blue ones.

When it gets into the low 50's here, they're gonna be nice!

K

jonnythan:
The blue glove material is the thickest. The stuff is very very tough.

The gloves themselves can be bought at http://www.seamar.com/atlas/index.html - the 490 and 495 are what you typically see as drygloves. The orange ones are a little thinner I believe. I use the 490 since I don't need to wear the separate yellow glove with them. They're only $14.26 for a replacement pair.

I use them with the Diving Concepts ring system. I keep the wrist seals intact so water intrusion into the drysuit is minimal or nonexistant in the event of a glove failure.

Hey
That's pretty slick. I didn't know the DC glvoe system could fit on other seals. Also, very innovative of you to find a really economic alternative!

I wonder if this would still work trying to put the DC rings on a DUI suit with ip seals...

JAG

jagfish:
Hey
That's pretty slick. I didn't know the DC glvoe system could fit on other seals. Also, very innovative of you to find a really economic alternative!

I wonder if this would still work trying to put the DC rings on a DUI suit with ip seals...

JAG

Need the DC set up. It is a sweet set up. A lot of people on the board dive it. There are lots of threads you can search through with pics, installation instructions, etc.

If you are a "working" diver - the DC system is the way to go for sure. Cheap replacements, redundancy, leakproofedness, etc.

K

Mo2vation:
Need the DC set up. It is a sweet set up. A lot of people on the board dive it. There are lots of threads you can search through with pics, installation instructions, etc.

If you are a "working" diver - the DC system is the way to go for sure. Cheap replacements, redundancy, leakproofedness, etc.

K

I was just searching thier site and could not find the system we are talking about here. Only system that is a "hard" fit to the DC suit with a locking ring.

I remember seeing some kind of system that is easy to retrofit on a suit by one's self. Anyone have that link...

JAG

jagfish:
Thanks Jonnythan

Has anyone out there tried any add-on dry gloves in conjunction with zip seals?

Jag, Why not just use DUI's Zip Gloves?

I agree with Cali68. If money is a big concern, then chances are you won't have the zip seals in the first place.. so just go with zip gloves.

Back
Top Bottom