DUI Zipseals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Gilpin:
I just wrecked my third neck seal trying to get it over my head. I think I will call DUI. They sent a free replacement last time but I may just have suit refitted with regular neck seal.

You wrecked a zip seal? Can you pass on the details of "wrecked"? The zip neck seals were very tight going over my head but the impression I got while putting it on was that my head would break before it did...

Not a problem - they work fine. The collar on the neck seal took a little while to get used to, but now its a no brainer.

I just got the dry gloves (eBay rules...) - zip zip snap snap and I go from spring / summer wet glove diving to fall / winter dry glove diving. No bulky solid rings, no problem.

I love 'em.

K

Some folks on the board were having trouble with their cuffs deteriorating in just 2 - 3 months.
DUI said the damage was "normal" but from the description it sounded to me like an incompatibility problem with the glue/thinner & the cuff material's composition.
I'll try to track down the thread ...

whoops... looks like the post was at the Decostop:
http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6878

Bob3:
Some folks on the board were having trouble with their cuffs deteriorating in just 2 - 3 months.
DUI said the damage was "normal" but from the description it sounded to me like an incompatibility problem with the glue/thinner & the cuff material's composition.
I'll try to track down the thread ...

When I sent my suit to DUI for foot replacement a month ago, I noticed when I got it back that they did an R & R on the Zip seals. Looks like they removed then and re-glued them.

Makes sense. Maybe I wasn't imagining it, afterall.

K

I'd like to have the zip neck seals, but not the wrist. I have some drygloves that use a ring system, and the gloves only cost me about $16 to replace.. if I had the zip seals, I'd be spending more like $150 for the exact same glove.

DaveP:
You wrecked a zip seal? Can you pass on the details of "wrecked"? The zip neck seals were very tight going over my head but the impression I got while putting it on was that my head would break before it did...

I broke the latex seal itself not the ring trying to pull it over my head after a dive. It is difficult to get the hard plastic ring over my head if it is not positioned exactly right and I wind up pulling too hard I guess. The seals ripped vertically from top to bottom.

DUI is being great about this. They replaced my last one and are replacing this one also. It seems if you have a large circumference head that the seals are much more vulnerable. 24 inches was mentioned. They also mentioned they are working with their vendor to produce stretchier seals.

Worked for a DUI dealer.. and had NO END of problems with dUI - problem after problem after problem.

I loved their suits, but after seeing so many problems and how they handled it....totally turned off.

And NO successful zip seal stories.

jonnythan:
I'd like to have the zip neck seals, but not the wrist. I have some drygloves that use a ring system, and the gloves only cost me about $16 to replace.. if I had the zip seals, I'd be spending more like $150 for the exact same glove.

Hi Jonnythan
Can you tell more about these gloves...they sound interesting.

JAG

Mo2vation:
I just got the dry gloves (eBay rules...) - zip zip snap snap and I go from spring / summer wet glove diving to fall / winter dry glove diving. No bulky solid rings, no problem.

I love 'em.

K

I'd heard that the blue glove material is thin. The fear is that if you punctured the glove, water would have direct access to the interior of your suit. How is the durability of the glove in your opinion? The cost is also way out of hand. What did you manage to get them on Ebay for?

JAG

The blue glove material is the thickest. The stuff is very very tough.

The gloves themselves can be bought at http://www.seamar.com/atlas/index.html - the 490 and 495 are what you typically see as drygloves. The orange ones are a little thinner I believe. I use the 490 since I don't need to wear the separate yellow glove with them. They're only $14.26 for a replacement pair.

I use them with the Diving Concepts ring system. I keep the wrist seals intact so water intrusion into the drysuit is minimal or nonexistant in the event of a glove failure.

Back
Top Bottom