DUI Zipseals Shelf Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

616fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How long can you expect a set of Zipseals to sit on the shelf waiting for your old standby's to blow out?

I ordered my CLX450 Signature Series today (oh man now I have 4-6 weeks to get it :( ) and was thinking about getting a back up set but don't want to leave them on the shelf for a few years only to find out they are shot from sitting around.

How long can you expect a set of Zipseals to sit on the shelf waiting for your old standby's to blow out?

I ordered my CLX450 Signature Series today (oh man now I have 4-6 weeks to get it :( ) and was thinking about getting a back up set but don't want to leave them on the shelf for a few years only to find out they are shot from sitting around.

If you get a spare pair of Zip Seals put them in a Zip Lock baggie. My spare set of seals are in a Zip Lock baggie (wrists seals in one bag and the neck seal in another). When the suit is not being used for a while I also put my primary Zip Seals in a Zip Lock baggie.

I also treat them with Aquaseal Seal Saver to help preserve the quality of the latex.

McNett Seal Saver Dry Suit Seal Conditioner (1.25 fl oz) from LeisurePro.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom