DUI Weight and Trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm beginning to get the picture. I'm going to add weight to my BP. Has anybody tried or evaluated the BP weights sold by deapseasupply. It looks like it would be very simple to make something very similiar. Would this weighting system be acceptable in a DIR configuration. I look at what they show and think that you could easily balance the weight on your BP for be compatible with your specific setup. The link to the web page is attached. Thanks again for the info
http://www.deepseasupply.com/page8.html

Jerryg,

I would first do a weight check before changing anything else. Get in 12 to 15' of water with about 700 PSI in your tanks. Configure yourself so you can remove your weight a bit at a time. Drop down to the bottom and ensure that there is no air in your wing or dry suit. Keep removing bits of weight (a buddy and a weight bag are handy right about now) until you are right about neutral. Work your tanks down to 500 or 400 and see if you can remove another bit of weight, if not, you have it.

Then, don't buy anything else until after your class. Each of us is different, and your class will work on moving your weight around. Sometimes it is better to have a weightbelt and an AL STA, or less weight on your waist and more over your lungs. People on the 'net can't advise you at this point due to the differences between each person, tanks, thermal protection (even an additional vest can change your trim and weighting) and so on.

Mark

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom