DUI TLS Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats the water temp there Jag?

I'll have my 9/7/6 with me in reserve in case I get cold.

Well...
I'm a bit of a whimp in that department. It's right about 70, a couple degrees below as you get to depth. It'll be going down from now, though...

I get cool at the end of a long 2nd or third dive, but I've been using a 5/4/3 until today. I just broke out the trilam this morning...

Wow, that is tropical :)

I may freeze tomorrow.

Just ordered my wife her new suit. Seemed quite cheap. $2,200.00 for the following:

TLS 350 Signature Series
400G DUI Thinsulate (stock size)
DUI Neoprene Hood
Rock Boots
2 Pockets
Kevlar Knee Pads

I was expecting it to be much more based on the prices on the DUI site ....

Mark

mweitz:

I may freeze tomorrow.

Just ordered my wife her new suit. Seemed quite cheap. $2,200.00 for the following:

TLS 350 Signature Series
DUI Neoprene Hood
Rock Boots
2 Pockets
Kevlar Knee Pads

Mark

Man! Awesome price!!!! Incredible actually. Where did you buy it?

That the the "package" price at Ca Dive Center in San Bruno. I like triple checked the recipt as well.

Wonder if they are going to give me the "Special Production Made to Order" instead.... how much should that have been and should I run down and get myself one before the deal is gone?

Mark

mweitz:

I may freeze tomorrow.

TLS 350 Signature Series
DUI Neoprene Hood
Rock Boots
2 Pockets
Kevlar Knee Pads

Mark

Man that is a awesome deal. I was looking at the same package and the best price i could find was about $2550.00 out the door with tax.

mweitz:
That the the "package" price at Ca Dive Center in San Bruno. I like triple checked the recipt as well.

Wonder if they are going to give me the "Special Production Made to Order" instead.... how much should that have been and should I run down and get myself one before the deal is gone?

Mark

The Sig. series comes with the cool patch that says "Signature Series" and confirms it. You scored!

I also bought a used TLS350 with the patch on it for the rental program as well. The patch came off very easily.

My suit was made in the '80s (bought it about a year and a half ago) but still works quite well.

Since you said that you are in about 70 degree water, I would go with 200 gram thinsulate especially if you find that you are in a tight fit with the suit now. Unless you are doing a lot of beach diving where you have to make extended walks, I would stay away from the rock boots and keep the turbo soles.

Well, my goal was to get the suit for my wife for her OW class in December. Turns out DUI is fairly backed up. After long conversations with Ca Dive Center and DUI they are going to make sure they get it to us for her class, and believe me, Ca Dive and DUI are simply bending over backwards to accommodate us (well over and beyond the call of duty!). My wife is really excited and can’t wait!

I highly recommend both. We've found the prices and service at Ca Dive Center to be excellent and DUI simply rocks as Chris has said.

Mark

CALI68:
I personaly have the rock boots and I shaved them down with a belt sander now they fit fine.
I have the Whites EVO2 boots, size 12. They were such a tight fit in my XL Mares Volos that I ended up breaking the straps several times - thank goodness for bungy cords. Finally I went out and bought XXL Jet Fins. Man they are huge. That was a great investment - they propel me through the water better, they are so heavy I was able to lose the ankle weights, and best of all I don't have to spend 5 minutes trying to get my fins off after my dive.

Back
Top Bottom