DUI TLS Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, I got a used DUI drysuit (sorta dumb, since I don't know anything about em, but got a pretty good deal I think).

TLS 350

So, it has "integrated" boots. I assume I can convert them to rockboots, if so, any idea what that costs?

It has a "Training Program" patch on it. I've seen that patch on rentals, what does it mean?

Thanks,

Mark

TLS 350 is a great suit, very popular choice...
Tough to go wrong unless the sizing/fit is innappropriate.

About the boot options, there are many points of view on this one. I don't really like the Rock Book option. The large size of the boots requires a new set of fins. The conversion is rather expensive as well, I think about 300 bucks including the boots (can be found on the DUI website, in the repair section PDF file).

If they are the right size, the turbo soles are a good option especially if you do a lot of boat dives or sandy beach entries. I feel that the turbo soles are a bit lacking for long, irregular, rocky entries. The bottom of my foot hurts from sharp pointed rocks. Personally, I wish DUI had another boot option that was a tougher integrated boot, that was still small enough in profile to use my normal fins.

I also know someone whose suit has the "sock" intended for the rock boots, but wears a standard wetsuit bootie over that. I like this option, the only tricky point is working out what size bootie to use over the insulation you will be wearing under the sock.

Don't know anything about the training suit patch...

here here on the above..

and the integrated boots are warm, might want to wait until they wear out first before you replace em.

I dunno about the training - they usually have "rental program"...but regardless you may wanna take it off for fear of getting "tips" from every diver at the site..

Mind you, might be able to convince some sap that you can't huff your equipment up the site and get 'em to carry your gear....

LOL, I was planning on removing it tonight. It is on the neoprene collar.

It fits like a "cave cut". Or, I'm a teensy bit fat for it :).

It "feels" like it is leaking. I'll try to leak test it tonight. It's an '02.

Thanks,

Mark

mweitz:
OK, I got a used DUI drysuit (sorta dumb, since I don't know anything about em, but got a pretty good deal I think).

TLS 350

So, it has "integrated" boots. I assume I can convert them to rockboots, if so, any idea what that costs?

It has a "Training Program" patch on it. I've seen that patch on rentals, what does it mean?

Thanks,

Mark

I have had suits in the past that have integrated boots & hated them. So when I got my DUI TLS I was happy to change to the soft CF200 sock & Rock Boots. Neither myself or my s/o require different sized fins: the ones we have have a wide enough range of adjustment to accommodate both our wet suits booties & the Rock Boots.

BTW, this is contrary to the integrated boots I had on my other suits; I needed a different sized fin for them. It was a pain to have one set for the wet suit & one set for the dry.

Just my $0.02s worth,

mweitz:

TLS 350

Thanks,

Mark
Leave the patch on, if any one offers advice, look them in the eye and tell them, "I Give training, but i'm off today"

I'm diving it Sunday. It came with a Bare 150 fleece, so I'll give that a try. It has been so warm the last few weeks I think it'll be fine. I would rather have a thinsulate jumpsuit though. I'll probably pick up the DUI or Mobby's at some point.

We are ordering a Select for my wife tomorrow (spoiled, her first time in cold water in a Select). If I like mine I'll probably get the Select or Sig depending on how the fit is at the time (my weight goes up and down).

Mark

I'd try out some thinsulate first if I were you...

I just got some fleece (300 wt) and if it is warm enough, I'd rather use that than my thinsulate, which is much more restrictive for me...your mileage may vary

Man, I'm telling you Guys, check out the Andy's stretch 1000 or 2000! CRAZY comfortable, stretches in all directions and is very warm. That is an awesome undersuit. Don't be fooled by the fact that they are "only" 100 or 200 weight thinsulate, they have made a really warm suit using minimul bulk. I wear one under my TLS and it's been great. I use the ST1000 with Argon and I couldn't be happier.

Check 'em out:

PS please don't tell me anything about argon and the placebo effect, I am absoultely warmer using argon. Period.

Weitz- Don't remove the patch. Also, if the turbo soles are in the least bit loose with your heaviest sock...send them in. You want the turbo soles to be very snug to aviod movement in and out of the water. In the DIR video Geoge Irvine says he orders them "very tight" to avoid floaty feet, he also mentions that he orders the lower leg section the same way. I personaly have the rock boots and I shaved them down with a belt sander now they fit fine.

JAG, I'm posting the ring glove/zip seal system picture today.

Back
Top Bottom