DUI TLS 350 Signature Series anyone else using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mustang_5l

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, I did it. I broke the bank and sold my soul to the devil to purchase a custom fit DUI TLS 350 Signature Series. After a few years diving a Bare Nexgen and doing the GUE Fundamentals it was clearly time for a change.
My Custom build is as follows:
· DUI TLS350 Signature Series
· Black W/ Charcoal Tuff Duck overlay Style #1
· Classic Zipper Design
· Halcyon Expedition Bellows Pockets
· Halcyon P-Valve
· Zip Wrist seals w/ HD Gloves and Liners
· Standard Latex Neck Seal
· Cloverleaf CF200 Crotch Pad for scootering
· Turbo Soles
· Kevlar Knee Pads
· Warm Neck Hood
· Custom Patches installed
I’m sure I’ve missed something but I’m really excited to get this in about 4 weeks. Can anyone else comment on these suits?
:vintagediver:

Should have gone with BARE Hd Tech-Dry would saved atleast 800.00 and had everything the DUI offers plus lifetime warranty.... But other than that if the Suit comes in and fits properlly you will have a great suit. 2 people I Dive with also purchased same suit custom it came in not even close to their sizes so had to be sent back which prolonged use. Just have heard several stories where it takes a couple of tries to get the suit right. Which from DUI stand point makes sense as a "Custom" fit is differnt for each person as some might like more loose or more tight..

The Bare was heavier and very constrictive. It was not that much more for the DUI as compared to the Bare. I'd say $300 + they had all my accessories I wanted. I got a really good deal and there is an 8 year warranty. I'm sure I'll be in another suit by then... I've only had the Bare for 2-3 years and it has a lifetime warranty on the seams only. I've had to replace the Neck seal and zipper$$$.

You and I are diving very simillar suits. I've been in mine for about two years now and I'm very happy with it. Haven't had so much as a drop in it in about 300 dives. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

K

I will have to agree the Bare is a little heavier of a Suit. The DUI suits are great suits I thought about purchasing one when I was making my choices but ultimatly when it came down to it. The DUI Suit would have cost about 700 More. and I personally Liked the Tougher looking exterior of the Bare Vs the DUI. Either way as long asit fits properlly when it comes in you will have a great suit.

I have 2 DUI TLS350 Signature series suits. I had to go that way because I'm such an odd fit. Female 5'6" & about 200#. Personally,.... I love them. They fit me well without too much drag in the water. I had most of all the bells & whistles put on it & just recently had a P-valve installed on my newer suit. I just sent my newer suit back to DUI to have it retrofitted for zip seals.

Hope you like it, I had a CLX 450 custom and the fit was terrible. However DUI is a nicer suit, fit seems to be the only issue. I went with a Bare HD Tech simply because they are a bit cheaper(minimal), but they are local and getting any kind of work done is about half the price and twice as fast as a DUI. I have heard that the NexGen suits go through a lot of zippers, seals are the same for all suits. Good luck and with a good fit you have made a good choice.

Well, I did it. I broke the bank and sold my soul to the devil to purchase a custom fit DUI TLS 350 Signature Series.

How much? That exactly the same suit and option I wanted but the best price I got from the LDS $3700.00

Al

Well, I did it. I broke the bank and sold my soul to the devil to purchase a custom fit DUI TLS 350 Signature Series. Can anyone else comment on these suits?

Yes. I had a TLS that I bought 3 years ago. After about 30 dives it started to leak. So I sent it back to DUI. They peeled and reglued the seams. After another 20 dives it started to leak again. Thinking it was out of warranty I sent it to Superior to get reglued. After about 20 dives it started leaking again. It was then that I noticed that the glue on the seams would peel off.

So I sent it to Scott at Custom Divers in Ontario. He peeled off the old glue, reglued with some new stuff and sent it back. Within 20 dives it started the same thing. I was getting wet. So I sent it back to Scott and he tried, with cooperation from DUI, for the best part of a year to find a glue formulation that would work. In the end he advised me about the 7 year warranty that DUI has on seams and that DUI said that my suit would qualify. So I would get a new suit. This whole process took about 3 years.

Scott also advised that I may want to look into the DUI Flx series as a replacement. I took that offer because besides my 350 I know of others that have had seam glue problems with their 350. So I got a new Flx about a month ago

The 350 is a wonderful suit, especially for the travelling diver because it dries out very quickly and is very light. However it is not as robust as the other DUI offerings and it can have an issue with glue and seams. Not all of them, but some. So if you find you are getting damp after 20 or 30 dives you are going to want to do a seam check. It's easy to see because you can see the glue lifting off the material and you can peel off chunks of it quite easily. Send it back to DUI to have it fixed. If it happens again remember that the 7 year warranty on seams. DUI is very good at honouring their warranties. And then get the Flx.

I have now had 4 DUI suits (200, 450, 350, and now the Flx)and am quite happy with the service that I received from them. If you have problems just remember the 7 year warranty on the seams instead of dicking around like I did for 3 years trying to get things fixed.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom