DUI RockBoots or Turbo Soles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stock suits that come with turbo soles are not guaranteed to fit your feet, if you had the trouble i had. A suit that fits and turbo soles that are too big, my fins kept sliding off as there is no rubber stub at the back of the sole to hold the fins on. They are shabby to say the least. Bizarre design with a seam up the middle that presses down on the top of your toes during the dive..no matter what I think you would have to buy larger fins with a dry suit to accomodate the large socks and fuzzy stuff you choose to wear..I will go with rock boots...

I have the CLX 450 and rock boots. I like them well enough but the reason they're named rock boots is because of all the rocks you get to dump out of them after a dive. Still, I would buy them again or something similar.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I would share my experience with Turbo Soles. I used the Turbo Soles while with a student on Saturday, and I agree with Madrone (post above) regarding the seam down the center of the foot. I had a pair of wetsuit boots with a seam like that once and it blistered my toe. Although this was not as bad (I was wearing thick socks underneath) it was still a bother. Looks like RockBoots or Converse "hi-tops" for me. Thanks again for everyone's posts. - Mike

Just bought a new White's drysuit with shell socks so I'm also in the market for some type of boot. While surfing the internet I came across a Chota River Runner Hard Sole Bootie that kayakers use. I was thinking about using 200g Polartec Fleece socks inside the suit with these over the shell socks. Has anyone had any experience with these are something similar?

http://www.kayakproshop.com/Chota_RiverRunner.html

Thanks,
Rickg

Mike,

I've worn out 1 set of Rock Boots and am now on my second set of Chuck Taylor Converse All-Star hi-tops. The Chucks are more comfortable, fit in the fins better, cost 1/3 the price, and come in fashion colors!

My previous drysuit had the turbo soles, and that was NOT the solution.

My experience only, yours may be different,

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom