DUI Polartec vs. Others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Pinnacle Merino Evolution. An excerpt from their website:

# 100g/m2 layer of Thinsulate™ inside the nylon provides warmth and wicks moisture away from the diver # Center 250g/m2 layer of technical fleece adds additional warmth # Innermost 300g/m2 layer of Merino lining adds warmth, wicks away perspiration.

I dive in water generally from 48F to 59F, usually around 52F-55F. I was FREEZING in my wet suit, I am sometimes chilled in the drysuit, but I don't shiver for an hour after I get out of the water anymore. In fact I don't shiver outside the water at all anymore. The undergarment is warm both wet and dry, as the wool and the thinsulate don't lose their insulating properties when wet. I know because I too have totally flooded my suit. It's a fairly inexpensive undergarment too. Compared to the DUI anyway.

jdelprete:
does weezle offer custom made? I assume ythey do...I'm tall and skinny with long arms and from what I see in their standard listing all are to short in some areas.

I also would like to know if a custom Weezle is available.

jep, funny enough just the opposite. In looking at undergarmenst al I have heard is high raves about weezles.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom