DUI - new models leaky?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I have heard a few people comment that they thought that recent versions / models of DUI drysuits were more prone to leaks. Does anyone have any info on this that might be more than hearsay?

- Bill

Early models of the TLS had some leak issues but I believe that any issues have been resolved. I have a FLX Extreme that was purchased last fall and it is perfectly dry.

My new FLX Extreme has about 15 dives and it has not leaked a drop. Perhaps a few teaspoons of water made it under a wrist seal once or twice but that is not leaking in my opinion. I am truly impressed by the quality of my DUI suit. To be honest to only leaking I experienced with DUI was from my wallet but I would do it all over again if I had to.

I have a pretty recent FLX that is bone dry. Love it![/QUOTE

When you say "bone dry", do you mean it's uniformly wet inside? Maybe due to condensation?

Last edited:
I have a TLS front zip (purchased last October) and after almost every dive I am uniformily damp inside. Nothing major but just damp. I'm literally completely dry after about 2 or 3 minutes of unzipping. I just have wrote it off as condensation. I am going from typically 80 deg outside temp to temps in the low 40s when submerged. However my exhaust valve was leaking on it and I found out by closing it two or three clicks stopped all water entering through it.

PS... I also wear the PS 300 undies and I think some of the dampness might also be perspiration that is being wicked away.

I am still very very satisfied with the suit and the fit of it.

Back
Top Bottom