DUI neoprene socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
How long do they usually last? My suit has about 120 dives on it and one of the neoprene socks has a fairly large hole worn just at the top of where it meets the rock boot ... I assume worn down by rubbing against the top of the rock boot.

For those who've had to replace them ... about what should I expect to spend? For now, it's aquaseal time ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
How long do they usually last? My suit has about 120 dives on it and one of the neoprene socks has a fairly large hole worn just at the top of where it meets the rock boot ... I assume worn down by rubbing against the top of the rock boot.

For those who've had to replace them ... about what should I expect to spend? For now, it's aquaseal time ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I had probably close to 250 dives on mine.

Jaye's had a pin hole in the top. I Aquasealed mine for a while, got fed up and sent it to DUI with a nice letter. Same with Jaye's.

DUI replaced the feet at no charge. They were totally great about it.

---
Ken

bob, got any verdict on the rockboots for diving around here?

lamont:
bob, got any verdict on the rockboots for diving around here?
Verdict? I got 'em, I like 'em, I'll get 'em for my next suit (which I'll be ordering when the DOG Days happens at Owens Beach next month).

Going back to my old ND suit, with "traditional" drysuit boots on it, feels downright sloppy after finning around in rock boots.

The only downside is that with less air in your boot, you need more socks for warmth ... the fleece socks seem to fit that requirement nicely though.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow, what timing. I was going to ask if this was a common issue.

I had just finished aquasealing my neoprene socks in the back where it rubs against the rocks boots. Mine didn't quite last as long as everyone else. Developed holes after 26 dives.

After fixing it, how about wearing another neoprene sock as an out shell before the rocks boots? Do you think it is too much..... ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom