dui inflation valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwilson

Registered
Reaction score
I recently got a dui dry suit. The suit works great. The only problem is that the inflation valve is turned toward the right shoulder whereas my inflation valve line has to come from under the left shoulder. It appears that the valve is actually glued in. Does anyone know if you have to actually re-glue this thing to rotate it?

thanks.

Mine rotates freely. I got it last year. You might want to double check to see if it is "stuck".

They rotate if it's a fairly recent suit.

Did you buy it used or new? If used, maybe the previous owner did some "custom" work on it?

Can you post a couple pics of the valve, from the inside of the suit and from the outside?

Sounds like it's not a rotating valve, but it's easy to unscrew the inside flange, remove the valve, apply a little more caulk over the old caulk, if it still provides a good surface, and re-install the valve in the desired position.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom