DUI FLX50/50 - Newbie Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have been looking at the DUI FLX50/50 and the CLX50/50 that some other divers have out there and I was wondering what the benefits are as far as having half of something on top (either Cordura or another polyester material) and then CF200 material on the bottom?

It seems like a great suit - all of the DUI suits look great actually. But I guess I'm wondering why any FLX50/50 owners went with that product instead of going with the CF200 all around - and if they have any regrets.

Also, I've come across a few posts about people wearing Chuck Taylors in place of their Rock Boots...is this really true? Sounds like a great low tech idea to me. But I'm a newbie and if wearing bright orange Converse All Stars is some kind of running SCUBA joke that people play on rookies, I'd prefer to find out about it now before I make a fool of myself on shore! :D

Thanks and sorry for the newbish question.

Back
Top Bottom