DUI FLX50/50 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, the top material on the FLX50/50 is a little more hardcore (or at least appears to be) than the TLS350 material. I have a TLS350 and my wife has an FLX50/50, so it's fairly easy to see the difference side-by-side.

i ordered my flex 50/50 3/12/08. can't wait for it to come. I tried mine at a dog day rally at conn.brownstone and was supprized how nice it was...and easy to use too.

I've owned a Flex 50 for about 9 years, and have well over 1000 dives on it. It's so washed out and beat up that Faith at DUI doesn't want me seen in it:D But with a little aquaseal here and there it keeps me perfectly dry, so why spend the money for a new one?

The top half isn't as warm, but it's more flexible like the name says which I like. The bottom is amazingly tough but doesn't dry well as folks have said. I consider a 350 for my next one when on a boat for a few days and my suit never dries out - but I'm not sure I want to give up the ruggedness because I do tie-ins and such that tear the heck out of the knees and crotch from grabbing hold of wrecks with my legs. Interestingly enough, I've NEVER had a leak in the top half but I don't tend to abuse it as much.

ive got one and i slipped and fell on posterior on some barnacle covered rocks thought the worst got up patted myself down and found no rips or even a scratch on there. and have done ladderless exits onto old nail coverd floating docks without incident

Back
Top Bottom