DUI FLX Extreme: got to see/feel/try on at BTS today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Very nice suit. Really like it. Might be one of these in my not-too-distant future...

dry_flx_drysuit_full.jpg

:eyebrow:

Compared to the TLS 350 is this suit:

Heavier or Lighter?
Does it dry faster or slower?
More or less durable?

After reading the DUI website I am not sure what the advantages are when compared to their other suits?

Is the suit in the photo a Dave Sweetin signature series :) ?

Heavier or Lighter?
More or less durable?

After reading the DUI website I am not sure what the advantages are when compared to their other suits?

Thanks! +1

Oops! I just noticed there was already a thread that described the suit.

According to the other thread it is heavier and tougher than the TLS 350 but lighter than the CLX.

Heavier or Lighter?
More or less durable?

Heavier vs lighter?

I'd say it's a touch heavier than my TLS-350. Not much more than "barely noticeably so" though. No where near as heavy as anything made of neoprene. However, the one I handled/tried on didn't have pockets or kneepads.

Dry faster or slower?

Well, didn't get a chance to explore that aspect on the floor of the show, but I'd assume that the FLX would dry a touch slower, as the Cordura material would allow more water to sort of "sit on the fabric" compared to the TLS-350. Again, would expect that it would still be better in that respect than a CF.

More or less durable?

Clearly more so than a TLS-350. The Cordura is surely more robust. As much as a CF or some other neoprene suit? Probably/surely not. Now, I've never had a problem with the TLS-350 in this regard in and out of wrecks here in NJ, but the FLX Extreme should have an edge here in terms of pin-prick holes and similar snags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom