DUI Event

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mardigrastexan once bubbled...
Water temp at CSSP on Nov8th was 68 degrees with a vis of 10-15 feet.

Water temp at CSSP today (15 Nov) was 64 degrees from the surface to about 45 feet. Most everyone else dived either dry or semi-dry. I, however, did 3 dives in my 5mm with hood and gloves. The water got your attention in a hurry once you first got in :eek:, but after a few minutes in the water, it wasn't too bad. I just hope I don't catch a cold....

I will be out there around 9 am, and i will be going with my instructor and will probably be set up near the tent and will be there till late afternoon and evening

my main focus out there is to tet the suits and to finalize which suit i want to get and then to have them measure me up for my suit for when i will get it in the spring once i have this project im working on.

i will either be comming in a beige camery with hail damage or in a dark blue mitsubushi lancer.

Dan

A bit windy, but the sun was shining and everyone was comfortable in shorts. November in Texas!

After standing in line for 2 hours (OK, I admit I was a bit peeved - there were only 5 people in front of me) I ended up with a TLS 350. Very comfortable in & out of the water.

I also got to try some Volos, since my fins were way too small once I donned the rock boots. I never realized how heavy my ScubaPro fins are until today. The Volos were great for sprints, but I'll stick with my SP's.

Dan from Sea & Sea gave me their DX rig to try out. Unfortunately the 2' vis didn't offer much chance to shoot pics. He burned a CD for me so here ya go:

fa7e7cda.jpg

fa7e7d94.jpg

fa7e7ca7.jpg

fa7e7ac8.jpg

fa7e7d06.jpg

fa7e7bbc.jpg

fa7e7c59.jpg

fa7e7b85.jpg

What a crew! Looks like everyone had a great time.

hey Dez those pictures turned out good, but where is the one of the pink tank:wacko:

the event was good but i think this year DUI underestimated how many people would come out for it as the wait to get suited up was long and the fact that there was a shortage of hose(which for my first dive i just used my inflator hose of my DUI delta to take care of the suit )

orgianlly i was wanting to dive a clx 450 as that is the suit im looking at to get, but those were all out that would fit me, so i got a chance to dive the CF200x which is a real nice suit and i was fine for the first dive but was getting cold on the second so would probably need some heavier undergarments (200 or 400, as i was using a 100), overall the event was great and i will be going again next year to help out as i was asked but Faith, and tony to help out next year, and i will bring my camera to take some pictures above and below the water.

Dez and tom how much weight were you needing for your drysuits ?

Scubatooth

I was in my Whites Catalyst with the full fleece suit. I have no idea what the weight on it is and an Al 80.

I was wearing 30lbs total with that. I have found as I grow more comfortable I am shedding weight.

I want to drop to 28lbs next trip out.

I hasd a good time. I would love to try to talk BDS into carrying DUI, but I doubt it.

TwoBit

Is Scuba tooth also the one with 1 yellow and 1 green Force fin? I suppose there's another pair just like that some else? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom