DUI Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a CLX450, and I know of at least 20 other divers that use DUI suits exclusively.
They're exellent dry suits.

mahjong:
Andy's Web site appears to be alive and well--but I thought I heard that they have gone out of business. Is this true?

While I have heard nothing but good things about Andy's, I do dive a DUI CF200 compressed neoprene drysuit, and an older model at that. Tough suit and keeps me dry.

The rumor is true. Andy's is no longer accepting orders. I'm not really sure what they are doing about warranty and repair issues.

I went with DUI when I finally bought mine because that was the brand I had been renting and what my LDS supports. But I have also heard good things about Bare, Diving Concepts and Andy's.

What has happened with Andy's though might give one pause. DUI has been around for awhile and will probably be around for awhile longer. In a select market like drysuits, you never know what will happen to some of these companies over the long haul.

Scubatrooper:
Does anyone own a DUI drysuit? Looking at purchasing a drysuit and wondered about the quality of DUI.
I have a DUI dry suit. I purchased it used, it is about 7 years old and in good shape.

The only reason I see to purchase a DUI dry suit instead of any other brand is the ZipSeals, they are only available on DUI brand suits, and DUI will only add them to a suit that does not already have them if that suit is one of their own.

Having said that DUI does make a good suit, but so do lots of other manufacturers. If you can find a stock size that fits you then I would say get that brand. If you are looking for crushed neoprene then DUI is the only game in town, but other manufacturers have compressed neoprene, it is similar but not identical. If the differences are of no concern to you then get some other less expensive suit.

I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that many dry suits, both new and used, leak. If those leaks are small fixing them is relatively easy and inexpensive, it just takes some time. Buying a used suit can be risky and may not always save you money in the long run, buying a new suit can be expensive and may take more time than you would hope.

Make your choices and take the plunge, I am very happy diving dry rather than wet. Choose your undergarments carefully since these will make all the difference in how warm or cold you are.

Good luck,

Mark Vlahos

I have a DUI. Its new and I only have three dives in it but so far I love it.

Bob3:
DUIs aren't a bad suit, once ya replace the valves & cuffs with Viking/SiTech ones. :D
considering a dry suit..was going with DUI..my dive shop recommended. Had a hard time getting it on by myself..any of yours easier...crushed neoprene better? cost of yours? who sells in USA I'm in connecticut. Thanks

I have a TLS SE (shoulder entry) since 2004. Love it, never leaked (yet) and comfortable. good buy for the price. I appreciate the rock boots since I do a lot of shore dives. Zip seals are the next step for me. Nothing bad to say.

I have a DUI CNSE/crushed neoprene. Great suit. Get Sitek vavles and not the Apeks. Recently sent it to DUI for repairs of repairs made by my LDS. Things did not go well. Customer service at DUI seems to be lacking a bit as far as communication.

I got my suit back but without the dryglove rings that were on it when I sent it there. Check out this thread http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17869

You may have to login to read the thread but several members have had "issues" with the service at DUI.

I'm NOT saying that this in and of itself makes DUI a bad suit....Just something to consider when spending large amounts of cash on a piece of important gear.

Scubatrooper:
Does anyone own a DUI drysuit? Looking at purchasing a drysuit and wondered about the quality of DUI.

I have a CF 200, fairly new and it is a great suit. I have been diving dry for 10 years. Other suits were the Poseidon Uni-suit (was OK) then an Andies (very good suit) Tri-lam, I got about 7 years out of it. I replaced all seals and zipper about a year ago and made the I mistake of getting short wrist seals, so they leaked, not suits fault. Whe I bought the DUI, I did go with the zip seals, great selling point. The one thing I might change, I got the rock boots, in hindsight I would get the turbo soles. One thing to consider is good underwear. I have tried many but what I have and use now is Weezle, I have found this to be the warmest.

Thanks - Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom