DUI Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both my father and I own DUI's crushed neoprene dry suits. He has had his for around 10 or 12 years and he's only had to replace a couple wrist seals, and the zipper once. He was diving about 30 or more dives a year with it. I don't have a lot of experience with mine yet, i've only done around 10 dives with it. So far though i haven't had any problems. As far as i understand it, if you want a crushed neoprene go with DUI but if your looking for a tri-laminate or a vulcanized rubber suit, there are other companies just as good but not quite so pricey. I will say that with DUI a lot of what you pay for is the name. I could be wrong on this though. But DUI's quality is quite good, just depends on how much your willing to pay.

i have a DUI TLS350 ... it's 12 years old, i bought it used a while back

other than a small seepage on the right foot, which barely gets me wet,
it's bone dry

i'd say that's a pretty good record!

I have my CF200 about 5 years now and would never think of getting any other type. My first drysuite was a Viking, bullet proof but I got to cold in it. Tried a regular 7 ml drysuit and did not like it. Tried the DUI and was in love. Worth the price. It should last me for a long time.

I have a CF200 that has 300+ dives on it. DUI had to replace the original one that was less than a year old and had 200 dives on it. It leaked. The one I have now - well let's just say it's a rare day that I can call it a "dry suit". Likely won't be buying another DUI as this one needs a new zipper and has had both wrist seals replaced at least once.

OE2X:
I have a CF200 that has 300+ dives on it. DUI had to replace the original one that was less than a year old and had 200 dives on it. It leaked. The one I have now - well let's just say it's a rare day that I can call it a "dry suit". Likely won't be buying another DUI as this one needs a new zipper and has had both wrist seals replaced at least once.

I guess you should just be sure that your next drysuit doesn't use the same brand of zipper. What do you think you will buy next, and what will you change in your purchase strategy that will alleviate the problems you have with your current drysuit? What is causing the leaks in your suit and is there a pattern to it?

I have a DUI TLS350 Signature series. I just got it in December, and only have 6 dives on it. I wish I had gone dry sooner. I got the zip gloves and zip neck seal. The only draw back to me is the neck seal base gets stiff when it's cold and is a little tricky to pull it over my pumpkin head.

I've used the DUI drysuits before and we used to use them for or training suits a few years ago. Their tough, but I feel the latex they use in their seals is a little thin. We switched to Andy's a few years back and have never had a problem with them. I have over 300 dives on my personal Andy's suit and have only had to have the wrist seals replaced once. They do eventually stretch/wear out. You can check out Andy's Drysuits here As an added benefit, Andy's factory is located in Pokomoke City, MD, which makes shipping and repair quick and cheaper than having to ship it to the west coast. Andy's also allows you to pick your own color pattern and has 4 different tri-laminate materials, with 4 different zipper styles so you can personalize the suit you buy. Andy's only makes the tri-laminate suits so if your set on crushed neoprene you'll have to look elsewhere. If your local shop doesn't sell them try Knight Diver, we're just south of the PA border.

Andy's Web site appears to be alive and well--but I thought I heard that they have gone out of business. Is this true?

While I have heard nothing but good things about Andy's, I do dive a DUI CF200 compressed neoprene drysuit, and an older model at that. Tough suit and keeps me dry.

Had 5 of them in the last 4 years. Love em' For a SoCal like me they make sense - I get very quick T/O from them. And I've come to know them all from DEMA, DOG Days and other stuff - so I like them too.

Never an issue.

eBay is your friend.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom