DUI Drysuit under $1000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GetNarc'd

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dove dry today for the first time and I'm hooked. I had so much better bouyancy control via the the drysuit as apposed to diving wet and using the BC. My instructor said there is a DUI suit that is about $900. My question is which one is he referring to? I did a quick search and came up with nothing under 1400. ??

The TLSSE and CNSE are their cheapest suits if I recall correctly. I think the MRSP is under $1300, but they can be found for sale under $1000.

If you find a deal, tell me. I'm renting at $50 a pop -- luckily my LDS will credit that if a buy suit from them -- of course at retail price.

Not sure if they still have the deal but about 2 years ago I purchased two DUI TLS 350's and Twin Jets with each for about 1200 each. Rex Dive Center in Ct. Take some time and look. You can also buy a used dry suit or consider another brand with almost the exact features of a DUI suit. Good luck!

Hey NYC-Diver? Panaqua?

eBay is your friend. Especially if you can fit into a stock size. They're on there all the time. I've purchased 6 or 7 drysuits from eBay (and thousands of other items) without incident.

A SoCal buddy of mine just picked up (maybe 2 weeks ago) a nearly new black over black DUI CF200 (large) for less than $700. He cut neck and wrists a bit and he was diving it that weekend, and has been ever since.

Treasures await you on eBay.

---
Ken

NYC-Diver:
If you find a deal, tell me. I'm renting at $50 a pop -- luckily my LDS will credit that if a buy suit from them -- of course at retail price.
you can get a DUI cnse or a tls350se under $1000. and with a speciality course at n/c.. and in NYC..will pm you tel #

If you can, I'd wait and save up for the diagonal-zipper model. It may seem silly, but I've dove both (in stock sizes) the TLSse (rental) and the "normal" TLS350 (mine), and the diagonal-zipper model is much much more comfortable. There's a much better range of motion, and in general I don't even notice it is there.

It's possible that the TLS350 stock size is just closer to my dimensions (I haven't checked if there is a difference between the two), but it is much better. I was originally going to get a TLSse, but am very very glad I sprung the extra couple hundred for the TLS350. Of course then you have to add things like knee-pads, pockets, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom