DUI dry suits price differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Ursuit.
I had one custom made to measure last year for 1/2 the price of a dui and santi.
I’m super happy with it.

I bought a used FLX Extreme, and while I was having pockets added, I rented the Yukon. The difference was pretty noticeable; both the fabric and the zipper on the Yukon felt cheap and flimsy by comparison. I've heard there have been more issues with leaks with that model than the higher-end ones. Still, I think @Jackie Treehorn makes a good point. Sometimes it makes more sense to just get something that works for you now, and plan on upgrading once you have enough experience to know what you really want.

Thank you for the insight. I’m looking for something that will last. It’s not everyday that I buy a drysuit. What is best for someone who eventually attempt to go tech40, TLS or FLX?

I just started down the tec track, I have an FLX Extreme and love it. But it was expensive. I got all the bells and whistles plus it is a custom. I love everything about it, it fits great, it has a small amount flex so it’s easy to move, the pockets are perfect, I like the little additions like the crotch pad that helps reduce the crotch strap abrasions, zip seals are amazing.

it’s a very expensive but totally badass

I contacted DUI recently several times regarding repair of my TLS350 Signature. They completely blew me off, not even the courtesy of a reply, and I have been a customer of theirs for nearly 20 years. I would run far, fast and quickly to another manufacturer since, in my opinion, their customer service is non-existent. Currently looking at a Seaskin.
Unfortunately, they are in the worst part of California. When it comes to Corona, they are almost literally **** down. I’m a dealer for them and can’t even give them money because of the way their COVID rules are on the communist republic of California. I’ve been selling for them for about 5 years. They have always been fantastic to me and my customers, but this COVID crap has that business basically closed at the moment.
Also, I’ve sold several Yukon’s and Coronados to cave divers who seem to like them. Most people DON’T like the TLS350 long term. And I’ve never met anyone unhappy with the FLX Extreme, which is what I dive.

Thank you for the insight. I’m looking for something that will last. It’s not everyday that I buy a drysuit. What is best for someone who eventually attempt to go tech40, TLS or FLX?
FLX

Have you looked into the SNT Marine Avatar? It’s what I like to call Santis Mini Cooper Brand to their BMW.

I’ve been diving it all season and it’s been a great stock shelf suit with all the things you want and none of the frills for a price point that really makes you happy.

DRIS has them in stock and the measurements are fairly spot on.

Unfortunately, they are in the worst part of California. When it comes to Corona, they are almost literally **** down. I’m a dealer for them and can’t even give them money because of the way their COVID rules are on the communist republic of California. I’ve been selling for them for about 5 years. They have always been fantastic to me and my customers, but this COVID crap has that business basically closed at the moment.
Also, I’ve sold several Yukon’s and Coronados to cave divers who seem to like them. Most people DON’T like the TLS350 long term. And I’ve never met anyone unhappy with the FLX Extreme, which is what I dive.

I'm glad someone has had a good experience with DUI. My experience with them was all pre-Covid and they have lost my business for good. After 20 years sticking with them it's time I give someone else a shot anyway. :)

I'm glad someone has had a good experience with DUI. My experience with them was all pre-Covid and they have lost my business for good. After 20 years sticking with them it's time I give someone else a shot anyway. :)

Like I said in an earlier post they took my Yukon II back and gave me credit toward the FLX. They stated they wanted to keep me as a customer. They have done alright by me so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom