DUI Dog rally question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brdr882 keep me updated. I'll go with you again this year but this time I want to dive too.

hahaha.... defiantly, i guess the whole purpose of the day is diving not the BBQ :eyebrow:

Yeah and I don't have to pretend to be your dad this year too!! :mooner:

Lursxt:
.. They all say its really fun and there's no pressure to buy.

That's true. I went two years before I bought my suit and never was pressured at all. If you are thinking of getting one, you do get a coupon that gets you something for free along with the suit. (The year I bought mine, I got the hood, knee pads and pocket for free as long as I bought a suit within a set time - six weeks, I think.)

In any event, it's a good way to get a feel for what the suits are like.

I'm really looking forward to it. Does anyone know if fills are available on-site? This will be my first time diving dry. What are the demo dives like? Just hanging out at 20 feet or so for a few minutes?

"What are the demo dives like?"

There will be a breifing on how to use the suit, and then a short tour. 20 mins or hopefully more.

This is just to let you try out a drysuit. NOT to teach you how to use one. They'll tell you enough to get you by for a short dive. You can try as many different suits as you want.

I went to the demo at mermet Springs last year, and had a blast. The DUI people were terrific, and there really was no pressure to buy. The first dive was somewhat short, and allowed us to get used to the suit a little bit. The second one was quite a bit longer, and we went deeper and saw quite a few of the attractions that Mermet has to offer. We had a blast, and I'm sure you will too.
Cheers :)

Make sure you have the rest of your equipment--someone asked about air. They DO NOT have air there--or BCs, regs and the rest. So bring your tanks or rent some. It's a fun day.

I'm looking forward to this weekend! I will bring all my equipment. What about undergarments? Does DUI provide them too?

DUI Undergarments (jumpsuits, etc.) are available for trying. You might want to wear some reasonable street-clothes to make it easier to get into though. Maybe something like a warmup suit or if warm enough, tee shirt and shorts. Anything would probably work though.

Back
Top Bottom