DUi CLX 450, long sleeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought a used dry suit (DUI clx450) off of scubaboard. It fits pretty well, a little big in the body but i've lost a lot of weight and will soon fill it up. However my main concern now is the sleeve length. The sleeves are long it seems, where the sleeve folds over the seal. I haven't dove the suit yet as I am waiting for my gear to arrive from Russia but I am wondering if this is going to cause leaks and if I should have the sleeve shortened by two inches by DUI? I can post a pic later if you don't understand

My drysuit (TLS 350) has slightly long sleeves as well. I had no issues with the seals leaking although, having the seals fold under the sleeves has caused some premature wear on the seals. I would post a picture but I don't have my suit with me as I actually just sent it out to have the sleeves shortened and zip seals installed. I would just dive it until the seals need replacing and have it sent out and trimmed, that way you will have a better idea about how much length you want to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a pic
15i7zw3.jpg

Here is a pic
15i7zw3.jpg

That looks a lot like how mine looked. It shouldn't be a problem seal wise, I would just dive it and see how you feel after some dives in the suit.

Mine are a little longer than that. I send Superior an email asking if they can remove the zip seals and replace with "normal" latex seals while shortening the sleeve by about 2 inches. ( really dislike zip seals ) The email went out last night. I think the sleeves will be too long with gloves and rings.

I will ask if they can permanently install the suit side Dive concept ring as I don't intend on using the 450 without dry gloves.

I'll let you know what Mark says.

I have had no issues with the sleeves being long, you wont know for sure untill you dive it though

The picture shows a sleeve that isn't too bad. On mine, however, the sleeve itself extends just into my palm. There would be no way I could attach gloves as the suit is too stiff.

If Mark at Superior can't make the alterations there will be a XL CLX450 with 5 dives on it for sale.

Hi,

This is Kathy Long with DUI. I saw your post. Make sure you check the sleeve length with the arms extended over-head. You want them long enough to be able to extend the full length of your arm reach.

From the photo it looks pretty good... although diving it is always best.

Thank you,

Kathy

That's great advice about sleeve sizing, Kathy!

If comparing my sleeves to the one shown in the picture the cuff of my suit excluding the seal falls just about where the seal ends in the photo. It's always in the way and tends to push gloves off of my hands, so I'm going to shorten the sleeve and remove the Zip Seal while I'm at it.

The 450 is one tough suit!

Hi,

This is Kathy Long with DUI. I saw your post. Make sure you check the sleeve length with the arms extended over-head. You want them long enough to be able to extend the full length of your arm reach.

From the photo it looks pretty good... although diving it is always best.

Thank you,

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom