DUI CF200 seal replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnersasi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I know there are a number of threads out there about seal replacement, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I recently picked up an older (mid to late 90's) DUI CF200 and the latex seals in the wrists and neck need replacement. I've looked over the threads dealing with this, but haven't found anything specific to the CF200 or crushed neoprene suits in general - everything seems to assume a trilam. My question is, is there anything additional to consider with a crushed neoprene suit? Can I still use the same methods of removing the old seal and using aquaseal/cotol to bond the new one? Is there a better adhesive to use for this material? Any other gotchas with the CF200?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jeremy

We bond the seal to the neoprene with seal cement then coat the inner seam with aquaseal/cotol. This is the way DUI does it.

Rough up the glue surface of the seal a little then wipe it with cotol before gluing to give the seal cement more surface area to bond to.

Hi akscubanist,

Thanks for the reply. By seal cement do you mean pb300 or the DUI cement stuff? I've also heard of people using Dap contact cement which is an attractive option as it's cheap and available locally. Do you know if any of those are suitable cements?

Thanks,
Jeremy

If I didn't already own a quart of PB300 I would use the DAP stuff.

You have to seal the edge with a Cotol and Aquaseal mix. Pretty easy to do. Otherwise a heat gun and a razor blade to cut the Aquaseal are about all you need...well and a brush.

Now if I was still using my CF200 I would install the SI Tech rings so I could change the seals in the field which is what I am about to do to my Fusion. I already have all the parts.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll go the DAP route and seal the edges like you said.

I think the wrist seals will be easy enough, but any advice on setting up for the neck seal? I don't have a shop, so I'm not able to make a jig of any sorts. I've heard of people using basketballs to stretch the neck or I was thinking of trying to find some sort of tubing with the right diameter. Anyone have any luck with either of these approaches?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom