DUI Boot Choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What’s the advantage of having a built-in boot, out of curiosity?
For me the socks kind bunch up alittle in my rock boots. It’s a lot of layers…base layer socks, warm socks, neoprene socks on the suit and then rock boots.

I then change the size of the neoprene sock on the drysuit or schmear them up with sikaflex to stiffen

OK, a not unreasonable general suggestion, overall. But, how does it related to the OP's question -

"Ah so! Solution in real world not always follow set path scribed in ancient ScubaBoard scriptures Grasshopper.”

Have a look at the Ultra flex or ultra tech, whatever they call it.
Could you inspect your boots for the following? These look nearly identical to the Flex Boots that come on my Santi E. Motion. They conform to your feet very well and don't allow excess gas in them. However, the ankle strap cuts into the neoprene. Also, the soft sole wears very quickly, especially at the heel and and the ball of the foot. I've applied a patch of SeamSealer/AquaSeal on the neoprene where the ankle straps goes around to the boot.

Wish the Turbo Soles had a fin strap retainer on the back at the Achilles tendon area, like they Ultra Flex boots have.

O.

Could you inspect your boots for the following? These look nearly identical to the Flex Boots that come on my Santi E. Motion. They conform to your feet very well and don't allow excess gas in them. However, the ankle strap cuts into the neoprene. Also, the soft sole wears very quickly, especially at the heel and and the ball of the foot. I've applied a patch of SeamSealer/AquaSeal on the neoprene where the ankle straps goes around to the boot.

Wish the Turbo Soles had a fin strap retainer on the back at the Achilles tendon area, like they Ultra Flex boots have.

O.

The sole on my boots looks fine. I haven’t noticed any wearing of the neoprene from the ankle strap.

Turbo techs. If you’d like to try painting aqua seal, get turbo soles. Personally on dui suits I only get a sock with an over boot. The dui soles (tech or otherwise) don’t hold up well

I don't like attached boots at all. They don't have enough ankle support for me, YMMV.

I'm using the aqualung versions on my DUI. Chuck Taylor's are also well liked instead of DUI's rock boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom