DUI 50/50 Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been looking at the DUI 50/50 drysuit. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has used/owned this drysuit. What did you like about and what did you dislike.

That's the one that I would like to try on at DUI Dog days.. :wink:

You've got one coming up directly, I think it's the 8th at Mermet?? Probably others as well since that's a bit of a drive.

The Dog Day Rally is a pretty neat way to try on all the suits, and the best part is you can dive each one. All you got to do is wait in line and get the suit. If you're an average sized diver it's pretty quick, if you're real small or big it's usually a longer wait.

Tried a 50/50 and a TLS350 at Dog Days in Lake Wazee in Wisconsin in June.
Those were my first dry suit dives so not much to compare against.
I liked the feel of the crushed neo on my legs - just felt smoother/less binding than the TLS350. But heavier and harder to don.

Sorta seems like a compromise suit for those that can't own 2 of them (a trilam for travel, a compressed/crushed neo for warmth and durability for local diving).

FWIW I ended up with an inexpensive 3mm compressed neo suit and love it - but would not want to fly with it. Weight, bulk, and dry time would be a hindrance for travel, but are no consequence for tossing it in the back of the car.

cummings66:
You've got one coming up directly, I think it's the 8th at Mermet?? Probably others as well since that's a bit of a drive.

The Dog Day Rally is a pretty neat way to try on all the suits, and the best part is you can dive each one. All you got to do is wait in line and get the suit. If you're an average sized diver it's pretty quick, if you're real small or big it's usually a longer wait.

Yes... I will be there..... Would you come to the Mermet this weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom