Duck feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, this is my 2cents to this thread:

AMF Voit Duck Feet UDT model (late 50's - early 60's I guess)
image_preview.php
[/url][/IMG]

and Cool Aid for you guys! :D

Just recently I bought a pair of Swimaster full-foot Duck Feet off E-bay. I found out that they are in perfect condition, but that Swimaster had stamped them as "Blemished." That may be why they are still around. The middle rib extends through the foot pocket, and the open-toe area, thereby reinforcing that toe pocket. I have yet to get them into the water, but that will happen soon. I already have two of the regular Duck Feet by Swimaster (before the AMF Voit Duck Feet), and now have both types. I am anxious to get those full-foot Duck Feet into the water.

SeaRat

Attachments

• IMG_3857.jpg
    IMG_3857.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_3859.jpg
    IMG_3859.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 231
Well, I just used those full-foot Duck Feet fins, and now I know why they never took off. Because of that middle rib on top, over the foot pocket, they pinched my toes. They also have a week point at the toe, whereby the foot pocket is too thin to allow the entire pocket to take the force, and so there is a flex point at the fin's toe pocket. This causes a loss of power in the stroke. So, now that I know, these fins will become museum pieces. I don't plan to use them in the water again because of these problems.

SeaRat

Attachments

• IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 448
Bought a couple more fins today to add to the collection (2 more Duck feet, bringing the total of DF's to 5):

Voit custom model (rubber fair with some cracking on heel straps):
Picture2005-9.jpg

Swimaster U.D.T. model (rubber very good) will test dive these tomorrow:
Picture2006-7.jpg

Plus a pair of Voit skin divers. The rubber on one foot pocket is torn but that will give me a good little repair project. I don't plan to dive them anyways as I am a large and they are medium:

Picture2004-13.jpg

Picture2007-7.jpg

Also picked up an Aqualung Aquarius depth gauge (very good rubber and somewhat scratched lens). I'll test dive it tomorrow along side my Gekko to see if it works:

Picture2008-8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
nice to see that you keep your Swimaster fins out of water John! :wink:
If I've well understand Swimaster became a part of VOIT AMF in the early 60's or late 50's? Any idea of when it was? And do you know the ending date of these UDT model Duck Feet production?

This is my second pair of UDT Model find on Ebay last week (and for a good price! :D) :

Hi David,
many thanks for these links! After well read the catalogs I guess I can definitively said that the VOIT/Swimaster appear in the 1964's catalog and disappear in the 1971's catalog. I suppose that Swimaster was buy by the VOIT company between 1963 and 1964. Again thank you for these links!
Cheers
Puff aka Jiguad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom