Dual Purpose HID Cannister Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Metalsub USA:
Hello,

The Metasub HID125 would hit this dual purpose well, you would just have to build a mounting bracket for your Snowmobile and you'd have tons of light above and below the water.

Check out www.metalsub.nl and www.metalsub-usa.com for more info and pics.

I took the time to go to your references. Interesting that one was in fact EBay. Anyway, they are way too expensive for what I want. Plus, they are an unknown item in my world.

Ended up buying a DiveRite H10 canister.

Most responses from the light dealers/manufacturers was: "No Way". Many said:"We have no experience. But we think you'd be happy with our light. Buy ours."

DiveRite not only said their light would work, their customer service guy backed it up with money. He extended the warranty to cover my application. Now that is my kind of person. He believes in and stands behind his product.

I am still amazed though that no one markets their HID to the full spectrum of Mountain Bike, ATV, Diving users. Individual companies sell lights to each of these markets. But none to all. Perhaps after this experience DiveRite may extend their marketing. They certainly have the right attitude to do that.

Now you understand why Dive Rite has SO MUCH of the market in the cave diving community. They do a FINE job of customer service and really work to make the customer happy. Just seems like they need to weed out some quality control issues.

Hope it works out for you.

Dive Rite might just have saturated the Alaskan mountain bike/ATV/snowmobile/scuba HID-combo market with that sale.

LOL!!! Where is the Coke alert? :wink:

Tom Winters:
Dive Rite might just have saturated the Alaskan mountain bike/ATV/snowmobile/scuba HID-combo market with that sale.

Surprising how many divers there are in Alaska. Most of them are dual or multiple sport people. Several are like me, see the use for a HID but can't justify it for just one sport.

Back
Top Bottom