Dual Inon D2000 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Kreider

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, blame this on a nice tax refund and a very understanding wife... :blinking:

I'm ready to get good a good strobe (or two). I have a Canon G10 in a Canon WP-DC28 housing. I like to shoot macro, mid-range, and reefscapes/wrecks. Basically, I try to shoot everything. I don't plan on upgrading the case and I don't plan on going dSLR. I think I've settled on the Inon D2000 type 3, for the strobe (unless you know a good reason not to). My question is should I get two and shoot with dual strobes? I see pros using two strobes, and I don't like the way the housing (my old camera and housing did this too) blocks light from reaching the lower right hand of the shots, with the internal flash. I figure one strobe might also cause shadows that I don't like. Anyway, do I go with one or two?

Once we answer that question... I'll need to know what tray and arms to use. Also, what about a carrying case that's not too big to carry on (along with my reg/computer roll-on bag) and store in the overhead bin.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. :D

I have the G9 in a Canon housing with one Z240 and one D2000. I started with just one D2000 but under certain conditions I would definately get a shadow on the non strobe side. Two strobes gives more options and more light when needed. I really like the Inon strobes, small and work well, lots of options for how to use them. I usually use mine on manual, some people have good success with STTL.

I keep the camera inside the housing and one strobe in a pelican case, the other strobe in a mask box then they go into a rolling carryon that can also hold reg, computer, battery charger and dive lights. A rolling bag is important cause it gets heavy.

Hi Tom,

I suggest that you consider the newly released Inon S-2000 strobes which are starting to become available in the U.S. They are very small, have a decent guide number for a small strobe and are quite high tech.

Two strobes can provide greater lighting control and should be considered if you can cover the cost.

INON Information

Phil Rudin

I have to 2 strobe Z240/SB105 for one i use flex arms and for the other it's Ultralight arms.
Some of friend said Ultralight or same systeme is better than flex. for this moment i don't have try yet underwater the Ultralight arms,the water is to cold actually :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom