Dual GoPro Mount with dual lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm looking for any recommendations on a quality mount that will allow me to mount two GoPro cameras (one facing forward and one facing backwards) along with two Sola lights on each side.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions even for quality DIY riggings.

I'm looking for any recommendations on a quality mount that will allow me to mount two GoPro cameras (one facing forward and one facing backwards) along with two Sola lights on each side.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions even for quality DIY riggings.

You could start by getting an adapter for dual go pro mount such as
you can either place it on a selfie stick and a light to it or
purchase or DIY a tray so you can have your two Sola lights on it.

Hope this helps.
Frank G
www.zgearinc.com

I've hung all sorts of camera configurations from a simple bar of aluminum:

Though never back to back gopros...go figure...

You getting into 360 view video?

Last edited:
I've hung all sorts of camera configurations from a simple bar of aluminum:

You getting into 360 view video?
Nah! Just trying to get video shots that show coming and going for editing purposes, as in picture in picture.

@3D diver: Thanks for the close-ups of your DIY rig - it's chock full of cool features that seem relatively easy to put together in my home shop. I especially like the parallel plates (aluminum?) that stand proud from the central tray and let you mount the 2 back-to-back GoPros.
Pardon the newbie question, but what sort of buoyancy do you try for in a rig? how negative or positive?

@3D diver: Thanks for the close-ups of your DIY rig - it's chock full of cool features that seem relatively easy to put together in my home shop. I especially like the parallel plates (aluminum?) that stand proud from the central tray and let you mount the 2 back-to-back GoPros.
Pardon the newbie question, but what sort of buoyancy do you try for in a rig? how negative or positive?

The parallel plates are 1/8" acrylic sheet I bought from Tap Plastics. Very easy to work with.

My floats are Divinycell foam. My rig is slightly positive on the surface and pretty much neutral at depth. Depending on which lights I'm using it weighs 8 to 10 lbs on land. The mass and high location of the floats help stabilize the footage. It's easy to use, even one handed.

I have a DIY thread:

My GoPro 3D setup

If I were starting fresh I'd look at Loc-Line for the light arms.

Nah! Just trying to get video shots that show coming and going for editing purposes, as in picture in picture.

Cool. I used an ATC Chameleon camera for a while that had two---front and back---lenses. Its in the third picture. The case wasn't designed well and tended to flood though. I also did two dives with the "cameras pointing everywhere" rig in the second photo, but it was a bear to edit. I'm now using back-to-back SP360 4K cameras & tinkering with 360 view.

ATC Chamelion:

Cameras pointing everywhere:

360 View:

Mixed GoPro & SP360:

Thanks for the link to your DIY thread. Unfortunately all the links to your 3D videos are defunct - do you have any current links?
(and I just looked up Loc-Line - what an awesome product!)

edit: never mind about the links - you posted some vids while I was writing this.

Thanks for the link to your DIY thread. Unfortunately all the links to your 3D videos are defunct - do you have any current links?
(and I just looked up Loc-Line - what an awesome product!)

edit: never mind about the links - you posted some vids while I was writing this.

The Forum Support folks fixed the links in my DIY thread.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom