DSS Wing Embroidery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have asked Tobin in the past. It won't happen.

I didn't mind the marking at all, what I didn't like was the center hose placement so I sold mine mine and went To a DR.

Has anyone ever asked Tobin if he will make a wing in a different color? I dont mind the Branding, a different color would be nice.

Has anyone ever asked Tobin if he will make a wing in a different color? I dont mind the Branding, a different color would be nice.

if you buy the material in the quantity required I'm sure @cool_hardware52 will make whatever custom wing you want, but it's not going to be as inexpensive as the wings he produces now because there is the material cost, minimum order quantities from most fabric suppliers will produce something like 100 wings, and then there is the extra setup costs required to do small lots, same with the embroidery, that all has to be set up and there are small lot charges because the cost of all of this is done based on large production runs to keep the unit cost down.

Look how much custom-color Halcyon wings cost :(

I don't think you needed to put "custom-color" in there.... The Eclipse wing is $10 more expensive than an entire DSS BP/W

You bet. Do you know if any other manufacturers offer custom wing colors?

You bet. Do you know if any other manufacturers offer custom wing colors?

Not without doing batch lots. Oxycheq runs a lot of different colors, and other mfg's will run small batches, I know Dive Rite has done some, but it's very disruptive to manufacturing process to go in with special trials, so it's not something I'd really poke the bear about. 100% guarantee you won't get it from any major manufacturers. Guys like DSS, Halcyon, Oxycheq, etc are going to be your better bets, but it's going to be a good premium just in raw materials

Back
Top Bottom