dss torus wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just ordered one along with the rest of the setup so i should be able to answer my own question once i get it wet a couple times. :wink:

drbill:
Whatever your reasons for making one, Tobin, I'm glad you did! I greatly prefer a donut over a horseshoe (both for diving and eating I might add). When Al showed it to me at La Jolla Shores, I drooled. Looks nice. I'll have to start saving my pennies... or rob our local Catalina bank! There just might be enough on deposit there to cover the cost of one. Great job, Tobin and Al... as usual your products are well crafted.

Thanks Dr. Bill!

We don't want to see you in chains on the Express. :11:

Tobin

i dont know what the hell i just did. but there is two of the same post.

aquaholic901:
I've been drooling over the singles rig for quite awhile now, is it possible to get that setup with the donut wing instead of the LCD? If so I may have to finally take the plunge and order one.

You can subsitute either the Torus 26 or Torus 35 for the LCD wings in the single rig packages for an additional $20.

Tobin

i got my setup today. im wondering how far down the bottom of the wing should hang when wearing the rig. the bottom of the wing is below my butt. i'm short, about 5"7 and i got the 35 lb. wing. is that normal?

gurumasta:
i got my setup today. im wondering how far down the bottom of the wing should hang when wearing the rig. the bottom of the wing is below my butt. i'm short, about 5"7 and i got the 35 lb. wing. is that normal?

This sounds too low. My guess is the plate has to come up significantly on your back-you should be able to reach over your shoulder and touch the top of the plate.

If you have the pro-fit harness, the first thing to do is shorten the shoulder straps of the harness-if you need to, uncrossing the shoulder straps can make it fit a bit better, I did that because I have rather broad shoulders.

If the plate is fitted right on your back, and the wing is mounted correctly on the plate, then it should be at the proper height.

Some good backplate fitting pictures are found in the links to in this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=141638

gurumasta:

Guru,

I'm 5'8 (on a good day :wink: ) Sounds like maybe your plate is riding a bit low. Snug up those shoulder straps.

Which harness are you using? If it's a Pro-Fit you may need to uncross the shoulder straps to raise the plate.

These are long slender wings. Should be about even with the bottom of the tank cylinder (AL 80)

Tobin

thank you both for the quick reply. its a pro fit harness. i will give a try at uncrossing the shoulder straps and let you know how i make out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom