Wanted DSS Steel weights for BPs and Small DSS BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so it was some kind of a proprietary device ?
yes. Pretty awesome really. Sad other BP vendors are not marketing them. You listening to me Halcyon.

Take the weight set to a good machine shop and they can make you another set.

Would love to help you but I only have the “long” plates. If anybody is looking for a Long DSS Backplate w/ weight panels…I have some. :)

Take the weight set to a good machine shop and they can make you another set.
There are some "shot bag" alternatives for mounting lead to the plate but they are all weak sauce compared to the DSS plates.

The problem with going to a machine shop is those of us that want to have some made don't have any weight plates and those of us with a pair already have no need to take them to a machine shop.

yes. Pretty awesome really. Sad other BP vendors are not marketing them. You listening to me Halcyon.
Yeah alas you're stuck with an insanely overpriced weighted STA for singles or a Vweight for doubles. The DSS plates were never a great option with doubles anyway.

Yeah alas you're stuck with an insanely overpriced weighted STA for singles or a Vweight for doubles. The DSS plates were never a great option with doubles anyway.

Was looking to build a set for my wife...

You know.. Pink Eclipse Wing with DSS BP and weights... :wink:

My newest venture.. Got one for sale?

DSS BP - Small.jpeg

DSS BP weight plates - Edit.jpeg

Will be taking my large and my medium in to a local machine shop to see if they can craft me some weights but its that small BP that eludes me still. Would still purchase originals if offered too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom