Wanted DSS Steel weights for BPs and Small DSS BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a set of DSS steel weights for my DSS Small, medium, and large.

Also looking for the small DSS backplate.

Will probably once I get all the BPs I'm looking for and if they don't have the weights I will do the machine shop option.

Pictures for reference

DSS BP weights.jpeg

Attachments

• DSS BP weight plates - Edit.jpeg
    DSS BP weight plates - Edit.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSS BP - Small.jpeg
    DSS BP - Small.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 48
Bump

Unicorns?

Seems these are in short supply :)

Yup. I have two but I'm certainly not selling them. Given that DSS is Dfunct I believe just about everyone that owns them plans to keep them.

But I applaud your effort. You never know!

Hi everybody !

I've never heard of such weights, probably because I live on the wrong side of the pond. Can someone describe them ? I guess they are stainless steel and designed to be fitted on the back plate. But how ? And can you tune the right amount of weight ?

I guess I'm being curious :wink:

@JMBL They are weight plates designed to attach to a specific backplate to take it from a 5# to a 10# plate. One plate, two different options for ballast. Both were manufactured by Deep Sea Supply (DSS) which has shut down operations.

Ok, so it was some kind of a proprietary device ?

I have two DSS BPs and one DSS weight set. Looking for an one more BP and and one more weight set but I think I will find the Grail first...

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom