DSS mount for Aeris compass ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stargost

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Tobin,

Do you think one of your two compass Elastomeric Bungee Ready Mount would fit the Aeris/Oceanic compass :

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Analog Gauges - X1 Compass

I can't find any dimension spec. It seems it would fit right in the middle heigth of the SK7 or the uwatec, so not sure which bungee to order, and if it really would fit.

Thanks for your help !

I anxiously await this answer (I wound up drilling holes in the existing strap and securing it that way) because I was told one did not exist. If one does, then I might just have to replace the "Red Green" special I have :D.

Hello Tobin,

Do you think one of your two compass Elastomeric Bungee Ready Mount would fit the Aeris/Oceanic compass :

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Analog Gauges - X1 Compass

I can't find any dimension spec. It seems it would fit right in the middle heigth of the SK7 or the uwatec, so not sure which bungee to order, and if it really would fit.

Thanks for your help !

Our mounts are *Very* model specific. Nothing we offer is intended for the Aeris compass, sorry.

Tobin

I anxiously await this answer (I wound up drilling holes in the existing strap and securing it that way) because I was told one did not exist. If one does, then I might just have to replace the "Red Green" special I have :D.

well, seems we are stucked and will have to do some DIY drilling stuff.
I was considering tuning one of the 2 DSS compass mount (a bit of heat can mold the plastic) but with Tobin's answer above, still not sure if worth it anyway.

(The main reason I'm replying here, is there are still not a lot of obvious fits for these compasses...)

I'm not sure which Aeris compass you have, but I've been looking for a bungee mount as well.

I'm looking at this mount:

Pelagic-Oceanic--Aeris--Sherwood-Compasse-Bungee-Mount--

I have the "SWIV" compass, which matches the picture on that site as a compass that will fit.

From this you can see that there are two Oceanic/Aeris compasses, the older "sidescan" and the new (since 2006??) "SWIV"

Oceanic Compass module - Underwater Compasses - Scuba Equipment Dive Gear Best Prices

If my LDS doesn't have a mount that will work, I'll probably try the one above via mail order.

I had a compass lying around from an old console, all I did was get a 1 1/2" rubber cap for pvc pipes, inserted the compass, tightened its screw clamp down, cut a hole the size of a quarter in the back, drilled a few holes and ran bungee as wrist strap.

I even did it with a old computer I had, where I used a 2" to 1 1/2" rubber coupler, and I cut part of the 1 1/2" section to be part of the wrist strap, and ran bungee for the wrest of the wrist strap.

On my liveaboard trip, only the captain noticed the whole thing including the clamp and thought it was cool.

Here is a pix of it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom