DS51 Flashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was happening underwater before we broke the surface. So I tried it in the dark, and had the same result. I am going to send it all in. I'll report back guys... & thanks Jean!!!!

We had this happen on a DS-51 that was mounted on a ROV at a depth of around 200 feet. The culprit was moisture in an area that should normally remain dry. Since we were running video and still cameras, we completed the dive with the strobe flashing like crazy until the batteries died. The unit was fine after we dried it out and changed the o-ring. In the end, we attributed the failure to poor pre-dive maintenance (like someone forgot to do anything more than change the batteries), storing the strobe with the battery cover closed with the o-ring in place, and slight damage to the battery cover where someone tried to install the cover in the wrong position.

Hmmm...Battery compartment was dry, I always take the batteries out and put a moisture muncher in after diving......and never crank down on the cover....I guess we will see, I have the best faith in Ikelite. That's why I keep using their products......They treat thier clients right...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom