DS Aug. 7/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hugo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got my OW cert this spring. I'd like to check out my new gear and get some practice. Is anybody interested in babysitting me this weekend in Dutch Springs?

hugo:
Hi,
I just got my OW cert this spring. I'd like to check out my new gear and get some practice. Is anybody interested in babysitting me this weekend in Dutch Springs?

ok, so we'll both be there this weekend and we'll hook up according to plan.

Anyone else going to be around this Saturday at Dutch? We're planning a relatively easy day. Mostly by firetruck, diamond reef area to practice, re-check weighting, etc.

Scott

Sorry, I'll be on my way to the Outer Banks :) I've got a date with the Dixie Arrow and the U-85.

-Frank

I'm there....doing my OW cert dives! ;-) I think we were the first ones in today, about 100 sunnies around the platform just east of the penninsula for the first dive, the second dive they were gone, but there were some bigger fish at the school bus. I'm diving with Kunuku, but I'm getting a season pass for the rest of the year, they are crediting this weekends entry fees towards the pass.

Dave in PA:
I'm there....doing my OW cert dives! ;-) I think we were the first ones in today, about 100 sunnies around the platform just east of the penninsula for the first dive,

Sorry we missed you, but I didn't get a chance to check the board. Hope you had fun. We did. Just mostly practiced skills and navigation in the fire truck, Diamond Reef and schoolbus areas.

Scott

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend. I wanted to come up this past weekend but stayed closer to home (Pittsburgh) and dove at Strawberry Quarry (really small and shallow in comparison to Dutch) and got my Drysuit traning. I also started my Advanced and could count dive 2 of my drysuit training towards an Advanced Dive. I did a third dive with another AOW to get my Navigation. We did a Poker Run for the Nav test. I thought I had won with a pair of 10's and Jacks when a lady ran up at the last moment with 2 Aces and Joker to make it 3 Aces. Anyway had a lot of badluck. First thing I dropped one of my integrated weight pockets and we couldn't find it in the muck, but someone tripped over it and had it back fro my 3rd dive. Then between points 4 and 5 on the poker run, My fin strap snaped loose and finally got it put back together (time to get some spring straps). They were about to take down the course when we were heading towards the 5th point and chased the guy down to get our last card. It was pretty fun, but would have much rather had the visibility at Dutch. Our Visibility was about 3ft with a max of 10 ft. Made our Navigation Dive a lot mor challenging.

Hey Guys, I plan on going there next Sunday the 15th to get a buddy re aquainted with the water. I would be happy to help out if anyone plans on going. We are planning an early one tank around 8-9am. Plan on going to the helicopter. Let me know if any one is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom