DS-125 vs. DS-50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReyeR:
I think all Oly cameras have flash exposure compensation (at least all the C series and E series) built into the camera itself. So if you are shooting in TTL with an Oly TTL compatible flash or strobe you can compensate for over or under TTL exposure by dialing a value (+2, -2 in 1/3 increments) into the camera's FEC. This will in turn signal the TTL strobe to shorten or lengthen the flash duration.
What Ike has provided for the Canon housing is external to this. It might have something to do with the fact that the 300D doesn't have FEC in the camera (I think there is a Russian firmware hack that implements it). It is also more convenient as all your strobe output control functions are there in front of you, in one place.

You have pretty much received answers to most of your questions already. You might want to look at Peter Schulz's web site for Splashdown Divers for information on the 5050/5060. A quick read through that will address many of these issues. Yes, you can do flash compensation with those cameras. Yes, sometimes I find the modeling light useful. The synch cords are the same. As Chris said, some people like TTL others hate it. I like the Ikelite solution for the 20D where you can change between the two of them. Peter's site also has information about the Nikon D70. I am betting that Ikelite will have TTL for this camera by July.

Back
Top Bottom