Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for insight on sizing on a dry suit I have an oppertunity to pick up a dry suit for a sweet price the drysuit is sized for a 6'5" 210# man I am 6'3" 165# what will be the potential problems or concerns

Fit. You are a lot skinnier than the stated size. There might be a lot of bagginess in the mid-section or legs.
If the drysuit is used, then condition of the dryzipper and the seals will be an issue.
Leaks.

Compare the "sweet price" to on-sale prices for new drysuits.

Last edited:
It may not seam like much, but an Extra 2" in legs and almost a 50lbs. weight difference can make a big difference when it comes to control (buoyancy/venting efficiency) in the water.

Well, I can tell you that a year ago I weighed 212lbs and now I weigh 169lbs and my drysuit absolutely does NOT fit any more. I can literally turn around inside it, trying to manage the "bubble" of air in it is a pain in the neck, all the extra material around the chest/gut/shoulders/thighs creates drag. I'll be selling this one soon and getting a new one.

The best way to waste money in diving is by throwing it away on "sweet deals" on the wrong gear.

Buy it right, or buy it twice.

I had my drysuit custom-tailored to my body. At the time of sizing I stipulated that I wanted to use extra-warm (and thick) undergarments owing to the temperature of my dive sites. My drystuit fits me very well when wearing my cold-water undergarments.

Recently I dove the same drysuit in Florida with only thin undergarments. The suit bunched far more than I had expected and it made venting a bit of an issue depending upon where the bunching was.

This was my drysuit, custom-sized to me with two different sets of undergarments.

Try the suit on and dive it before buying it. I'd personally be surprised if it fit you well, based upon your description.

Given the suggested 45lb difference between the OP and apparent suit design
and the information in previous posts, your suggestion of diving the suit is
ridiculously inappropriate considering the probable lack of dry suit experience
of said original poster and this lb factor, considering the average weight of One
would indicate probably having to grow approximately two hundred Pair to fit.

No matter your experience.

---E & A Bajraszewski. Just another Polack.

Back
Top Bottom