Drysuits without boots built in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't Mares make a semi dry suit that was basically a dry suit without valves? It looked just like a dry suit, but had no boots or valves, but did have a dry suit zipper. I think it was called the Isotherm.

US Divers & Parkway both had neoprene drysuits w/o boots. I had a Parkways & wound up gluing Unisuit boots on it, it worked nicely after that.
Being a "shell type" suit, it sounds either like a non-valved "watersports type suit" or one of those old things (Seatec maybe?) that had seals the thickness of tissue paper.
Does it have a corrugated BC style inflator hose on it? The early ones could be orally inflated.
You can get a good wetsuit for way less than that & will wind up happier for it.

Yep ....

It could be a Mares... it does not appear to have any valves.

Think I'll pass on this one.

Thanks guys.

Let's have great round of applause for Scuba Board supplying a place that helps divers avoid bad purchases like the one that has just occured. This is what it's all about.

:clapping: :clapping: :bang: :thumb: :D

If he did that (buy the suit, valves, boots, hood), wouldn't he be nearing the price of one of your Viking trilam's, Bob? :wink:

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom