Drysuits...DUI or Diving Concepts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshall:
I have chosen to purchase either a DUI CKX 450 or a DC Z-Flex. I would like to get some feedback on each. Also, I have heard different stories as to the zip seals on the DUI. Also, I have heard different comments on the DUI rock boots with regards beach dives (sand). Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks all.

Marshall,
I have a DUI CF200 with rock boots and zip seals (wrists only). I wasn't sure if I liked the rock boots initially, the way I look at it; it is an extra thing to put on, on a rocking boat. Now that I have been using them, I like them. I can see the issues with the sand, but the one thing the rock boots will offer over an integrated boot is support. The rock boot really supports your ankle, which is something you will need when tracking in the sand. I do like the zip seals and have not had any problems. As a matter of fact I will be out this weekend and make the first switch to the dry cloves; I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks - Greg

I have a DUI cf200x with rock boots and I haven't experienced any problems with walking in sand. Yes, it takes slightly longer time to put on the suit, but the ancle support with the boots is good. And they feel like normal shoes. I had a small accidcent with the latex neck seal the other day, but so far it seems like super glue fixed it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I might want to investigate zip-seals (field replacable...).

Can you expand on the super glue seal repair, I am intrigued.

Seen the new Bare suits? They beat out the DUI suits in testing in ....I forget which diving magazine, but they are nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom