Drysuit zipper repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do need to get it replaced, check out Steve Gamble. He does great work! (well at least he did great work swapping out boots on a "demo" suit I just purchased)

Home

Good luck with the repair attempts!

I developed a small tear on the backing between the teeth and the flat part where it sews into the suit. Looks like I can repair it with Aquasel/Cotol application.

Seconding the Gamble suggestion above. This current zipper, along with seals, were installed by Gamble last year for a very resonable price.

I developed a small tear on the backing between the teeth and the flat part where it sews into the suit. Looks like I can repair it with Aquasel/Cotol application.

Seconding the Gamble suggestion above. This current zipper, along with seals, were installed by Gamble last year for a very resonable price.

A zipper less then one year old.:shocked2:
Shortest lifespan I had sofar was 5 years and I sat on it.:eyebrow:
Oldest ones are over 18 years.

A zipper less then one year old.:shocked2:
Shortest lifespan I had sofar was 5 years and I sat on it.:eyebrow:
Oldest ones are over 18 years.

Yeah...that's what I get for abusing the zipper. I tried taking the suit off without realizing that the zipper was completely open...all of the flexing and stretching forced a corner of the zipper body to dig into the zipper tape. No fault of the zipper. Lesson learned.

I strongly suspect my damage was caused by always suiting up halfway, then sitting in the truck for the ride to the dive site. Apparently not as hard on my friend's suits, who all have back zips.

Expensive lesson to learn.

-B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom