Drysuit wrist seals too large?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freename

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for ideas or possible solutions for a problem on behalf of someone else... so please forgive me if I can't answer all the questions that might be asked for clarification.

It seems that the smallest (silicone) wrist seals produced are still too large for this individual's wrists. It has to be this type of seal because it's a rental suit. Clearly, without being able to seal the wrists of the drysuit it won't do its job particularly effectively. I've been trying to come up with ideas to address this problem, but so far the only one really coming to mind is for them to try dry gloves and hope that they don't get flooded.

... either that, or more trips to the gym - but I don't think that's a fast enough fix in this case.

Are there any other options that could be considered? Ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I can't say I'm familiar with these but they don't have any specifications on the size. I believe that the other seals were Si Tech (or I could be making this up); from their website, it says that the small size wrist seals fit a wrist circumference of 10,6-15 cm (4,2-5,9")... would the bio seals be smaller?

They are thick, very soft and pliable tubes that you wear under the drysuit seals. I have the neckseal version for a suit that has a stretched neckseal.
$_1.JPG

Hi. This is Kathy Long with DUI - Diving Unlimited. I wonder if the rental shop could purchase a new set of seals or perhaps the diver could purchase a new set and keep them as their own equipment. My experience is the seals come trim to fit. New seals are very narrow. Again though I am not familiar with the ones in the suit.

Another option is to pull the seal further up the arm to a larger circumference.

And as you mentioned using an attached dry glove would also work.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom