Drysuit wrist seal keep or get rid of with SI Tech gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bane51031

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Curious I have the SI tech glove system on my drysuit, a week ago while diving I had a near miss and almost wet in my drysuit, in the process of rapidly extracting myself out of my drysuit almost as soon as I hit the shore I inadvertently tore a piece of one of my wrist seals, the wrist seals are still in good shape not brittle I was just stupid while getting out and caused the tear, my question is this if I trimmed both wrist seals back so I still had enough to use the Si Tech rings and put on my gloves then take some Sumo tape(black duct tape on steroids type tape) and wrap that around the joint where the rings meet and just use the suit like this or should I replace the wrist seals?

I will always use the drygloves when in the drysuit so diving without is no problem,was thinking the tape would prevent any possible leaks and keep the glove from somehow popping off while diving and without the wristseal it would kind of be similar to the DUI zip seals.

Any thoughts on this?

Seals are pretty cheap, replace them. Otherwise if you have a glove leak (which is inevitable) your whole suit is going to flood. I prefer to have that extra barrier to prevent a full suit flood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom