Drysuit Valve Operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommed

Registered
Reaction score
I have a DUI TLS350 suit and have done about 20 dives with it. I have taken the Nauii drysuit course and haven't experienced any problems operating the suit. I use just a little air to take the squeeze off and then use my BC for buoyancy control. I also dive with the dump valve opened all the way as is suggested by the DUI manual. I have noted that others play with their valve a bit more. What is the adavntage of diving with the valve partly closed. I know the suit will hold more air with the valve closed a bit but why should one change the preset pressure differential setting on the valve? Thanks for your input.

I'm a photog who dives dry in a DUI TLS-350. Like yours, my dump vlave is on my left arm. While taking pictures on the bottom, to prevent air loss when I roll on my right side, I occasionally will close the valve. Other than that, it's wide open.

On a boat dive, I close the valve all the way on the surface, then open it all the way just before dumping my BC to descend. I leave it open during the dive, then close it up at the surface again. That way if I have to wait in the water getting off or on the boat I've got plenty of floatation.

On a shore dive, I just leave the valve open all the time.

Back
Top Bottom