Drysuit trouble...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theres basically three types of drysuit divers..
The first says that using the suit for bouyancy control is wrong.
The second says that using the BC for bouyancy control is wrong.

The third provided me what I needed to get comfortable with my drysuit;
Test both using the BC for bouyancy and the DS for bouyancy, find out which youre comfortable with and use that.
It often take a few dives to get comfortable with a drysuit anyways, why not use them for that very purpose?
Personally I found that using my DS is easier, but that doesnt mean I never use the BC..

Claudette,

The pleasure was mine.

I used to dive double low pressure steel 104s and now that I think of it, I may have used a little air in my bc at times. I was just very nagative, even without the weightbelt. Its been so long, I completely forgot about that.

Your points were very well taken.

Thanks for the response! I just sent my DS back to DUI for new seals, neoprene and new exhaust "Sci Tech". I found that I need to use both at times. But at Vets Park, Redondo is a challenge because you hit the wall starting from 80' to 30' (top) and can be a quick ascent unless you remember to vent both DS and Wing. Takes a lot of practice for sure. If I get narcosis, or maybe blame on my age then its a fast ride...Thanks the comments! Claudette is a doll! She gave me 60 min Vets Park instruction that was invaluable....

I just got to try out my new Dive Rite 905 back zip drysuit a few days ago. The suit fits well with no leaks around the seals, . As I descended the dump valve was turned all the way counter-clockwise (open) and water flooded my suit. It happened so fast that I was not sure where it came from. I ended the dive and dried my suit out. I got back in it, closed the dump valve, inflated the suit, walked around, watched tv, etc, no air leaked out. I got into the shower to wet the suit. So, I descided to open the dump valve by turning it clockwise while in the shower. I felt water on my upper left arm right away. water comes thru the valve when it is turned all the way open. Is that normal? Can you turn an exhaust valve open too far open?

I just did my first Mexican cave diving trip in a drysuit, and I will say that using the suit only for buoyancy control VASTLY simplifies running a reel. It does, however, complicate head-down entries :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom