Drysuit Trim Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have TurboSoles on your suit, you might look into using Trident fin keepers to help compress them and minimize gas in your feet, too.

There is no problem getting the air out of a trilam suit. Not even while on an ascent. And 80% people I dive with dive using turbo soles of some sort. It might be helpful but it's not a key to the issue and not so important IMHO.

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs. TSandM, I understand what you described as "dancing shrimp" phenomenon and have been working to avoid that. What actually happened was I had my body totally stabilized in trim and balanced, as soon as I extended my legs in the preparation of the back kick (in the loading phase), and no matter how slow I extended my legs, they floated. There was times when I made myself negative buoyant and had my torso lie flat on the bottom of the pool and tried extending the legs, and same happened. My jetfins are negative buoyant so the obvious cause of my floaty legs was air in the legs and feet. I guess the air was not enough to send me inverted to the surface as I could still remain at depth even though I was head down and legs up and as soon as I drew my legs back toward my butt, my trim returned.

Once again thank you everyone for your advices. In my next dive, I will pay more attention to air around my suit and try moving the air out of the legs section and see how it goes.

Thank you.

Interesting discussion. I'm about to try to learn this kick, though in the pool first. I am also impressed with the responses. I hope you get this worked out.

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom