drysuit sock leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
I have a pinnacle evolution drysuit it has socks on it for rock boots. last 2 dives my foot has gotten soaked so I obviously have a leak, are socks repairable? and if so whats the best method or are they normally just replaced? suit is 2 years old and has 80 dives on it.

thanks!

You can repair them with Aquaseal, or have them replaced. We sell the Aquaseal, as well as replacement socks. Depending on the damage, it's much easier to repair what you have.

Have you done a leak test yet to find the hole?

I`d used Aquasure + Cotol.
Aquasure® Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant | McNett Europe - Outdoor and Cotol-240™plus Cleaner & Cure Accelerator | McNett Europe - Outdoor
when you mix it together (1:1 approx) - it became more liquid, but hardening faster.

I had problem with my turbosole from crashed neoprene. It was hole, where I can put my finger, and it was on the upper side of bridge of the foot

First - using Cotol you can clean all surfaces inside of the hole and around it.

You have to put well mixed Cotol+Aquasure inside the hole on all inner surfaces, and stay hole opened.
Waiting until it became little more solid (it can takes from 10 till 30 min).
Then squeeze it tightly.
Wait again.

Second: After 1-2 hour: Clean all surfaces around glued hole, and glued surface using Cotol. Put new mix of Cotol+Aquasure (old already should be as solid plastic, just throw it away) around the repaired hole with thick layer (1-2 mm) inside and outside of the sock.
Wait more 2-3 hours.

Third - you can repeat *Second* as much as you wish (1-2 times more). Also you can use some nylon stretching fabric, starting from *second*, to put it over the glue on the hole, and put some glue over the fabric. (Fabric should be permeated by the glue).
Size of the fabric should be 2-3 cm more wide of the hole.
Best kind of this fabric you can take from lady's stockings :) it it best fit for this kind of repairing.
If it used ones - clean this piece of fabric it with Cotol before usage.

So, I`d made reparing of my turbosole on the nature, using just woodenpieces, aluminium foil (for mixing glue and Cotol), and sun :)
It is still alive! (over 5 years).

Back
Top Bottom