Drysuit Sock Durability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if people had any comments on the durability of the different kinds of drysuit socks that are currently in use (either compressed neo or latex).

Im looking to switch out my clunky rubber clown boots with either a latex or 3.5mm neoprene sock, to be used with a couple pairs of hiking socks and some snazy blue Chuck T All Stars. Id be doing the install myself, but the initial cost outlay between the different types is significant (like, 300%). Obviously, id like to go for the less expensive latex option, but am worried that a reduction in durability compared to the neoprenes will have me ripping them off to install the neoprene ones at a later date anyway.

Opinions, please!

Thanks in advance

If durability is your uppermost concern, one alternative is to install latex ankle seals, thus keeping your foot coverage options open. Latex dry socks which seal against the ankle seals are available for purchase:
sock.JPG

and if they then show signs of wear you can always discard them for a new pair without having to glue them in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom