Drysuit (shell) and weight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord, I was diving with cavers in a recreational, single-tank setting. They weren't taking six tanks on the dives. I might have been wrong, but I do not recall them using the bc under water.

With as little gas as would be needed to compensate for an Al80, I can certainly understand this. Context is key. :)

Oh, six tanks is pretty unusual, 3-4 is pretty common.

Let us know how you go RW - I am having similar difficulties to you.

My advice would be this.

Listen to the experts on the board.

Also make time to take the course unless you have a buddy that dives dry. I live in Georgia, and there isn't alot of drysuit divers.

RW, I did consider the course but wanted to spend my $300 elsewhere. I already have 8 dives on the suit and I think I almost got the weight right.

At least now I know what an uncontrolled ascent feels like and I know I can stop it :)

I also think the class is not necessary so long as you have friends who are experienced in drysuit diving and can help you out.

My first time was at 15ft (shore dive), where we worked on weight, squeeze, buoyancy, recovery from floaty feet. Managing the "air pocket" makes you feel like it's your first time in OW again, but you get used to it much quicker.

I definetely felt (and still feel) like I'm learning to dive again.

I purposely worked on the floaty feet thing.

Like anything it takes practice. I'll stay in the shallows until I'm good.

The course here is $99, so I may end up taking it.

I'm glad the wife snapped the photo. Atleast I know just how bad it was!:dork2:

$99, but I think there's also a student kit and some instructor fees, maybe boat fees if you're in certain areas. If cost is any issue, check with the shop for the full story.

$99 covers pool instruction, and instructor fees. Then you must sign up for OW dives which are a few hundred. I may end up going that route. The dives they do are typically a lot of fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom